Nashville Superspeedway fans:
First and foremost, thank you!
Our NASCAR tripleheader on Father’s Day Weekend is being hailed by NASCAR, analysts and America’s best drivers as a success! I heard directly from hundreds of you in the parking lots, in the FanZone and in our grandstands who were having a great time, already asking about 2022 race dates, and overall just energized about having NASCAR back in our community.
Among the highlights:
SOLD OUT: Sunday marked NASCAR’s first full-capacity venue sellout since before the COVID-19 pandemic. Our 40,000-plus guests on Sunday, total of 75,000-plus guests across the entire weekend, were easily the largest crowd hosted in this venue’s history as well as one of Middle Tennessee’s largest outdoor gatherings in recent memory.
HISTORY: “ALLY 400” NASCAR CUP SERIES RACE-Kyle Larson/Hendrick Motorsports’ winning streaks continue; “TENNESSEE LOTTERY 250” NASCAR XFINITY SERIES RACE-NASCAR superstar Kyle Busch notches his 100th NASCAR Xfinity Series victory; “RACKLEY ROOFING 200” NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES RACE-Ryan Preece, a Cup Series regular, triumphs in his first Truck Series start under the lights.
EXCITEMENT: The entire NASCAR community was blown away with your enthusiasm and incredible response to our entire weekend.
- “Ally 400” winning team owner Rick Hendrick: “I love this place. I loved the crowd. It just felt good. It felt like years ago, with fans shoulder to shoulder. If I didn’t live in Charlotte, I’d live here.”
- “Ally 400” winner Kyle Larson: “I stayed in the city this week. I got to see how pumped up all the race fans were for the race this weekend. There’s a lot of fans that recognized me throughout the last couple days walking around, wishing me good luck, saying how excited they were to go to the race. That’s what kind of made me feel extra special about this race, is just seeing how excited the fans were to go to a new venue, sort of get to watch some Cup racing in Nashville.”
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “Nashville Superspeedway looks amazing. Didn’t know what to expect after it sat idle for so long. They have done an incredible job preparing it for this weekend. It looks brand new.”
- Cup Series Points Leader Denny Hamlin: “The amenities, I think, they really updated and there looks like there is a lot of fan stuff out there. It’s really good. They did a good job at getting this place caught up to speed.”
- Two-time 2021 Cup Series winner Alex Bowman: “I walked in and was shocked. I had tested here, I think in 2014, a little bit. To see where this place is at now is amazing. Hats off to everybody that was a part of that.”
Like any large-scale venue hosting a national sporting event, we plan to review all aspects of our operations to evaluate where we can be more efficient and improve fan experience in the future.
In particular, parking and traffic concerns for the 14,000 plus vehicles that were on property, concession operations, and more will be evaluated with the relevant partners involved, including law enforcement, food and beverage and merchandise providers. We will never stop looking for ways to improve this venue and its operations for all our future events.
Lastly, let me thank you again for the overwhelming support and for embracing our team, our partners and myself over the last year. This has been a huge undertaking over the last several months to get this facility ready for its rebirth and the positive feedback we’ve received in the last several days provides great motivation to continue to seek excellence in serving our fans far into the future.
Thank you, and stay tuned!
President, Nashville Superspeedway