4847-F McCrary Road
Lebanon, TN 37090
Collaboration between Nashville Superspeedway’s security and operations teams as well as local, county and state public safety and traffic officials have led to the following ideal routes for vehicles traveling to and from the track, including ride-share service users.
- INTERSTATE 40: Vehicles traveling east and west on Interstate 40 (I-40) will approach NSS via exit 235 (SR 840 West). These vehicles will travel west on Interstate 840 (I-840) and will take exit 65, the NSS interchange. Exit 61 (Couchville Pike) will not be open for race traffic. Fans must use Exit 65.
- INTERSTATE 24: Vehicles traveling East and West on Interstate 24 (I-24) will approach NSS via I-840. Once on I-840 vehicles will travel east on I-840 and use exit 65, the NSS interchange. Exit 61 (Couchville Pike) will not be open for race traffic. Fans must use Exit 65.
- U.S. ROUTE 231: Vehicles traveling in either direction on USR 231 will exit onto SR 452 and continue towards NSS.
- Ride share customers are instructed to travel U.S. Route 231 in either direction, proceeding towards the track via State Route 452. Ride share vehicles will enter NSS at Darrell Waltrip Drive, then proceed to Sterling Marlin Drive and finally drop fans at the intersection of Sterling Marlin Drive and NSS Boulevard. Ride share vehicles will exit the property after turning on NSS Boulevard and proceeding back to Sterling Marling Drive, then to Darrell Waltrip Drive and turning left onto SR 452, towards USR 231.
- To limit inbound traffic from Interstate 840, both the east and westbound ramps of I-840 leading to State Route 452 will be closed for one hour post-race throughout the weekend. Additionally, all infield traffic will be held for a minimum of one hour to allow time for pedestrians to exit the grandstands and find their way back to the parking and camping lots. All traffic departing from General Parking will leave NSS by one of two ways. There will be two coned lanes on McCrary Road leading to SR 452 and continuing towards I-840. There will also be two coned lanes on Dale Earnhardt Drive leading to SR 452 and continuing towards I-840.
Along with the above plans, there are several new factors that should ease the flow of vehicles throughout the weekend.
- More deputies and/or traffic officials at key intersections, including Route 231 and Fall Creek Road, Route 231 and Vesta Road, and McCrary and Vesta roads.
- More visual message boards in critical locations, with refined/flexible messages.
- No at-track parking charge.
- 2,600 new parking spaces added along McCrary Road, the main access road to Nashville Superspeedway’s campus.